- I joined the Chelsea Wellness Center; I need to lose weight, J-- gets a discount through the hospital, and it's easy to use.
- I love wikis but don't get to use them enough. U of M IT has begun offering installation of MediaWiki for use around campus. My project team is now converting our development docs over to the wiki. I'm taking meeting notes. It's a good thing.
- Bats sucks (the flying ones, not the wooden ones). Rabid bats suck even more, especially when you have to get the shots.
- J-- and I are getting the shots.
- Lawn mowers are ridiculously expensive for what they do. Seriously, it takes balls to say you should pay $300 for a machine to cut grass for a 20x16 patch of earth?
- I miss Douglas Adams. I'm re-reading Salmon of Doubt, a collection of his works culled posthumously from his computers and the sad thought hit me that there are no more books of his to look forward to.
- Heroes is awesome. Almost as good as Battlestar Galactica. We have the last two discs of Heroes in the house now so we can finish season 1 this weekend.
- I have a new favorite word, courtesy of William Tozer via Alan Gutierrez; Coshirking: "A coffee break lasting more than one hour where local industry gossip is exchanged over open laptops."
- IT Crowd, Season 2 is showing up on the bittorrent sites. Definitely worth the download.
Random news and links
Bits and pieces in no particular order:
Inspired by Matt Haughey's stand against Twitter , I re-logged into Mastodon on all my devices and shelved my Twitter access. I haven...
Tom Petty died today , aged 66. I won't claim to be a huge Tom Petty fan, but I've bought an album or two and sang along in the car ...
My work domain (an EDU) recently had Google Inbox enabled so I had a good chance to try it out. My personal email is relatively quiet and, I...
Evernote, for better or worse, is the best note-taking service for my needs. It works across all my devices/computers/modes. It's fairly...