Provenance: Blogometer > Mr. Gloomy Pants > Suspect Device (or invert it, I'm too lazy.)
Now four major popcorn manufacturers (the Orville Redenbacher, Act II, Pop Secret and Jolly Time brands) have agreed to remove the chemical. The only question that remains is what is being done to help those already affected. The linked article says that over 500 lawsuits are pending, and that many settlements have happened confidentially, but the House has also passed a bill to limit damages. Sounds like a few corporations want to have their cake and eat it, too.
Popcorn makers removing chemical
I'd ditched the diggnation podcast a while ago, mostly because I never got around to actually watching the thing. I haven't missed it at all and I doubt I'll miss digg much either. Since signing up in mid-2005, I was an avid user of digg; I didn't submit many stories (2, actually) mostly because I was reading such interesting stuff that other people put up. But, with digg's more recent turns towards becoming a full-on social site (leaving "news" behind), it's become a bastion for the worst of the web; spammers, trolls, and SEO "consultants".
So, I'm done with digg. Any suggestions (and don't say reddit) for other, early-days-digg sites?
After little less than a year, our Xbox 360 has succumbed to the 3 red rings of death. After speaking with "Adrian" in multi-click phone transfer land, we receive an incredibly well-designed (and, I'm assuming, oft-used) shipping box system to send back the unit. At Christmas. Via UPS. Yeah, not expecting to see any gaming for a while.
Street View Images for Dallas, Detroit and Other 6 Cities
XPS M1730 World of Warcraft® Edition
- 17" HD widescreen notebook complete with World of Warcraft backpack
- Illuminated speaker grills and faction specific Honor Badges
- Back-lit keyboard stays awake as long as you can
- Track your stats with the world's first built-in notebook Logitech® GamePanelTM LCD
- Enhanced graphics with NVIDIA® SLITM technology and AGEIA PhysXTM Mobile TechnologyTM
- Pre-loaded with World of Warcraft, World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade and all major game patches
- Golden Ticket for a custom FigurePrintTM of your actual in-game World of Warcraft character with your actual armor and weapons
- World of Warcraft Beta Club Key Card with a key to future World of Warcraft beta tests
- World of Warcraft and The Burning Crusade Collector's Edition Account Upgrade Certificates
- Exclusive desktop background artwork and screensavers
- Additional loot like a behind the scenes DVD, soundtrack, Warcraft novels, strategy guides, trading cards, etc
Aside from the PhysX technology, it's sporting Duel Core 2.2 Ghz chip, Vista Ultimate, 2 GB of RAM (that's it?), and 160GB hard drive. No Blu-Ray or HD-DVD (for the HD screen). Luckily, if you buy this laptop, Blizzard already owns your soul so Dell can't ask you for that.
Slashdot | Dell's World of Warcraft Laptop
"Chickens lay eggs," Kunselman said. "I want fresh eggs. It's just a simple ordinance change."
"I want to have fresh milk," Rapundalo said. "Let's change the ordinance to allow cows or goats."
Yes, because the equivalent of an easily confined, flightless mammal is a medium to giant-sized, free-roaming one. Is this seriously the slippery slope that Ann Arbor City Council fears? Chickens are a starter animal for larger, more insidious animals? Warning, Councilman Rapundalo, many people in Ann Arbor legally own dogs; this, to me, implies it's legal to own an armored polar bear. Looks like ryan doesn't have to worry about parking downtown anymore.
Mich. councilman pushes chicken law
Inspired by Matt Haughey's stand against Twitter , I re-logged into Mastodon on all my devices and shelved my Twitter access. I haven...
Title pretty much says it all. My very British name is Quentin Watson . Take The Very British Name Generator today! Created with Rum and Mon...
My work domain (an EDU) recently had Google Inbox enabled so I had a good chance to try it out. My personal email is relatively quiet and, I...
Evernote, for better or worse, is the best note-taking service for my needs. It works across all my devices/computers/modes. It's fairly...